Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Winter Vacation in Portland, Oregon

Hi There! I'm back in Portland, Oregon to spend the beginning of this new year with my family. I've been back for a week and it has been great except for being sick with my husband.  We are finally feeling much better. Unfortunately, I was not inspired to bake something fun, creative and healthy, nor was I in the condition to be in the kitchen. However, I do have some photos of a yummy cake to show you.

This is a Mango Mouse Sponge Cake from my sister's boyfriend's family. Andy's family were out grocery shopping and decided to get this for us from Meianna Bakery. It was so nice of them. The cake was a huge treat, especially since it is not something I would bake. It was a sponge cake sandwiched with a fluffy mango mouse and topped with a lightly sweet whipped cream and fruit.

When I return back to Rochester (Feb 2nd), I'll come up with something less sweet and as tasty and beautiful!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts